29 August 2010
In this fortnight's newsletter I'm writing on target....your target market, that is. This is the first step I take in helping business owners with their sales and marketing plans. Why? Without a goal, it's hard to score.
How can you identify your target market? Here's a list of questions to get you started:
- Who has a problem your product or service can solve?
- Do they know they have a problem?
- If so, can you let them know how you can solve it?
- If not, can you respectfully let them know they've got a problem?
- Do they need to solve their problem NOW?
- How can you solve their problem NOW?
- Do they have a history of paying for your product or service?
- What do they look like?
- Where do they live?
- Where would they like to live?
- Where do they buy? On-line, in person, at a trade fair or over coffee?
- How can you reach them easily and effectively in the place they'll be most responsive
As with any marketing mining, the better your questions the better your answers. Keep asking yourself these questions. Add to them if you like. Get to know who your clients are. They'll thank you by giving you their business.
Let me know how you go.
To know more about how Sales and Marketing Coaching can support your business please visit here.
We've talked about your ideal client. In this section, it's time to address your most important one.
Sometimes you might feel like your clients, colleagues, partner, family, and employees are all relying on you to be there for them.
Here's the paradox.
If you're not looking after yourself - if you're not being your best client - then you won't be theirs.
Take a moment at the beginning of each day to remember why you're doing what you're doing, and who you're doing it for. Be true to yourself and those around you. They'll thank you.
This fortnight's featured act are the fabulous Firecrackers.
Firecrackers are a stunning line up of acts from one of Corporate Entertainment's brightest duos. They've performed everywhere from the Sydney Olympics to the Royal Easter Show and countless international overseas festivals. The Firecracker acts include the luminescent Baroques, hilarious Style Police and striking White Raining Men .